Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

VSP Injection with hydro coils

Options
Andy Michl
Andy Michl Member Posts: 6
Is it worth while to put vsp injection with outdoor reset on hydro coils such as unico or any other air handler. And what kind of savings could a customer expect over a regular 94% forced air furnace? I would think that the system efficiency of the hydro unit would be much higher than the furnace. I would be using a 92% modulating boiler for comparrision sake.

Comments

• Boilerpro
    Boilerpro Member Posts: 410
    Options
    A couple of thoughts

When bringing in fresh air, the VSP hydrocoil would probably be the superior performer because if a room fills with a large maount of people and furnace may just shut off. With A vsp with indoor sensing the water temp would just be cranked down so the unit would continue to ventilate, but provide little or no heating to the space or slight cooling depending on how cold you are allowed to run your air into the room. Also, you can maintain constantand consistant ventilation because the fan speed won't change in proportion to the load on the unit. I imagine ther is some way to detect when a space is in heavy use so that fans speeds would increase to provide increased ventilation. Again , the hydorcoil could ramp up output in an infintly modulating manner to meet the increased ventilation, but decreased heating demand.

Boilerpro
This discussion has been closed.