Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hot water /Boiler Combo

Options
I am in the process of starting a project where the building owner would like each apartment to produce their own domestic hot water and hydronic heat. We want to keep the units in each apartment and use direct vent models. Any recommmendations from your expierences with manufacturers?

Comments

• kevin
    kevin Member Posts: 420
    Options
    Laars Endurance(nm)

• Self contained Boilers/DHW

Mike,

If your project is gas, then consider the Burnham Minuteman boiler. It fits in most tight places with minimal clearances, is direct vented and has it's own built-in DHW. They use simple controls and the boiler is cast iron. Take a look at the link below. Hope this helps!

Glenn Stanton

Burnham Corp.
  • Self contained Boilers/DHW

Mike,

If your project is gas, then consider the Burnham Minuteman boiler. It fits in most tight places with minimal clearances, is direct vented and has it's own built-in DHW. They use simple controls and the boiler is cast iron. Take a look at the link below. Hope this helps!

Glenn Stanton

Burnham Corp.

http://www.burnham.com/residential/51160.cfm
  • Dave_3
    Dave_3 Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Quietside

We have used several Quietside combo boiler/DHW with excellent success...wall-mounted, 90+% efficient. Check out their website, www.quietside.com.
  • Dana Zaichkin
    Dana Zaichkin Member Posts: 29
    Options
    Phase III / Triangle Tube

Has two direct-fired combo configurations. I had posted an inquiry on the Wall a couple weeks ago asking about experiences and had a few responses - mostly favorable. No personal experience yet.

Best Regards

DZ
  • kf_2
    kf_2 Member Posts: 118
    Options
    take a look...

at the Viessmann Vitodens. This boiler is a sealed combustion, direct vent wall mounted condensing boiler. The smallest one, the Combi, has a built in flat plate to produce DHW. Perfect for appartments.

kf
  • Glenn

Do you make the Minuteman with a regular vent ? We use the Peerless 61 series Gas boiler with the coil for tight spaces , but the boiler is very bulky .
  • Steve Eayrs
    Steve Eayrs Member Posts: 424
    Options
    I agree with the Veissmann.....

The Vitodens is great @ 200#'s of high grade stainless steel, but they can't be holding onto their wallets too tight. But because of the easy install on the smaller one with the builtin dhw heat exchanger, they may not end up costing much more.
    Steve
  • Matt Connolly
    Matt Connolly Member Posts: 67
    Options
    Monitor MZ has best history

and has easiest installation. the MZ 25S is a combi unit that is fully condensing (95% effic.) and a 22 year history of success. I own and have installed many of these. Check out the link www.mzboiler.com
    Matt
This discussion has been closed.