Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

opus boiler

Options
keith
keith Member Posts: 224
Anybody had any experience with the Opus boiler line from Burnham? It is a new high efficiency unit with outdoor reset,Primary-secondary piping and direct vent capabilities striaight from the factory. Seems to be service friendly with a big swing out door for cleaning the tubes.

Comments

• Keith,

Because the Opus line has only recently been introduced to the market, you may find limited responses to your post. Having spent much of the past month working with the Opus O-1 Oil boiler at various functions here in the Northeastern US, I can assure you that there are many extremely satisfied installers of these products. I was with a live-fire Opus O-1 just yesterday at a trade show in Southwestern Massachusetts that saw some 800 contractors in attendence. The reaction to the operating boiler was incredible. While running, the noise level of these boilers is about equal to a Sub-Zero refrigerator with AFUE effeciencies approaching 90%.

Aside from the quiet running operation, the boilers come with Outdoor Reset and a built-in bypass nd Variable speed injection system. The reset control is so easy to program, anyone can do it. The boiler also comes with a six-place zoning relay that can handle pumps, any type of zone valves or any mixture of both. DHW priority with one hour lockout is also buit-in to the zoning control and the control is prewired to the boiler with 15 foot cords. If you would like to see the Opus in operation, contact me at the e-mail addres above and I will see if I can locate an installation near you that you can visit. The guys that are putting these products in just love to show them off a little. Thanks for your interest!

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Corp.
  • Chris Massey
    Chris Massey Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Commercial Heating

Keith-

Standard Oil installed the first direct vent/sealed combustion Opus @ Commercial Heating Supply in Stratford. They have saved thousands since they put the unit into service-it was a gas to oil conversion. I would be happy to arrange a showing for you. Give me a call if you are interested. 203-209-4423.
  • keith
    keith Member Posts: 224
    Options
    Chris

Jack Welch mentioned to me that Commercial had one up and running. I took a ride over the other day. Art mentioned that they are extremly happy with the boiler and the fuel savings. Hats off to Burnham for staying ahead of the curve and offering unique products.
This discussion has been closed.