Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

WIRING

Options
John_11
John_11 Member Posts: 40
Hello all....
I was wondering if you can help me out with the wiring of a new hotwater boiler system. I have fire o-matic, low water cut-off, 2 cir.(this is a two zone system, no zone valves), honeywell temp, Beckett burner, main control box. I asked an electrician but he was not 100% sure on what gets connected to what. He said he will wire the system if he has some info or a diagram to go from.
Is this something that I can get help with here??? Thank you in advance for all of your help.

Comments

• Alan R. Mercurio
    Alan R. Mercurio Member Posts: 588
    Options

Hi John, You said it's a new hot water boiler. You should be able to find all the instructions in the manufactures installation manual you might want to let your electrician look through them.

If they were not with the new system I believe most any manufacture would gladly supply you with a copy in fact some of the manufactures offer them right from their web sites.

What type of boiler did you get? Where did you get it (what wholesaler)they may also have the information you're looking for.

Good luck

Your friend in the industry,
    Alan R. Mercurio
  • Bill NTSG
    Bill NTSG Member Posts: 321
    Options
    Pretty Basic Really

Do you feel comfortable with your electrician ? He really should know how to do this. Like Alan mentioned it should be in the instructions. Everything is in series. First the fuse [or breaker] next the stair switch, the firomatic thermal switch [it should be directly above the burner] next the service switch [should be accessible and with in three feet of the serviceman when viewing the fire]next is the low water cut off then any other saftey limits then the burner control. If the boiler control is a Honeywell 8124 it will control one zone circulator. The other zone pump will need a HW 845A or equivalent.[Argo,Taco,etc.] If you wire this to ZR & ZC in the 8124 it will work best.Again the instructions should help. You might check the Electrical code or NFPA-54. If your electrician is still unsure you might have your oil dealer double check him and test all the safties. I have seen way too many mis-wired boilers done by very well intentioned people. Done correctly boilers are very safe, done wrong...........Good luck, I hope it works out for you.
This discussion has been closed.