Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hot Water Heat Pipes Embedded in Concrete

Options
Pete C.
Pete C. Member Posts: 15
I need some advise. I have a job which may require me to embed hot water heating pipes (copper) in concrete. Is this advisable? Code legal? If so, any advise on prolonging the life of the piping would be appreciated.

Comments

• Pete C.
    Options

I need some advise. I have a job which may require me to embed hot water heating pipes (copper) in concrete. Is this advisable? Code legal? If so, any advice on prolonging the life of the piping would be appreciated.

I have done miles of radiant PEX tube in concrete, but this job is different. It will serve a column rad off a monoflo system and I really don't think PEX tube is proper for this application. So guys, let me know what you think..Thanks!
  • Pete C.
    Options

I need some advise. I have a job which may require me to embed hot water heating pipes (copper) in concrete. Is this advisable? Code legal? If so, any advice on prolonging the life of the piping would be appreciated.

I have done miles of radiant PEX tube in concrete, but this job is different. It will serve a column rad off a monoflo system and I really don't think PEX tube is proper for this application, hence the use of copper. So guys, let me know what you think..Thanks!
  • Pete C.
    Options

I have done miles of radiant PEX tube in concrete, but this job is different. It will serve a column rad off a monoflo system and I really don't think PEX tube is proper for this application, hence the use of copper. So guys, let me know what you think..Thanks!
  • Bill NTSG
    Bill NTSG Member Posts: 321
    Options
    You could..

insulate or sleeve the copper. When I used copper below grade in the past I would try to use "K" copper and sleeve it with armorflex insulation. If possible bury it in the sand below the slab and sleeve the pipe with PVC pipe where it penetrates the concrete. But on the other hand I see no valid reason for not using pex to run out to your radiator. I probably have hooked up 50 to 60 radiators with pex . No problems that I am aware of. Good luck
  • Steve Miller
    Steve Miller Member Posts: 115
    Options
    How bout this

Just crimp the pex to your mono tees and sleeve or insulate the tee's.
This discussion has been closed.