Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

controls

Options
kevin
kevin Member Posts: 420
What piping and controling strategy would I use if I wanted to have constant circ on a baseboard system AND have an indirect on the same boiler? Do I control the zone temp only (injection)or would it be more energy efficient to do to whole boiler using a taco pc700 or equiv.? Which tekmar control(s) should I use. Thanks in advance for your ideas....
Kevin

Comments

• John@Reliable
    John@Reliable Member Posts: 379
    Options
    Priority zone

How about outdoor reset for heat with a Taco control that has priority zone for indirict heater and shuts off heat while calling for hot water?
  • Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Mike T., Swampeast MO Member Posts: 6,928
    Options
    Questions

Do you have true constant circulation by use of TRVs or nearly constant circulation via the reset?

What type of boiler? Copper tube? Cast iron? Condensing?

What supply temp do you anticipate during an evening of average outside temp?
  • kevin
    kevin Member Posts: 420
    Options
    system questions

I am doing panel rads (buderus) w/ a G115 boiler definately want to do outdoor reset. System design temp 180F @-10F outside. A 60 gal Superstor indirect and 1 small zone of baseboard for a 3rd floor room. Taco pc700 is a good /simple way to go but I didn't know if there was a better way. The taco would not really be true constant circ.
    Thanks kevin
This discussion has been closed.