Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

53 today (Brian)

Options
and I don't feel a day over 52.

I'm not thinking about me today, though.

Sir David of Broome, and his selfless act of humanity, is "man of the week", in my book.

David, can you figure out a way to air condition the great outdoors ? It was over 80 here in Big Lake, LA. at 6.30 am.

Today I'll be on the lookout for some nice thing I can do for someone else.

Y'all have great day.

Brian in seriously humid swampland.

Comments

• Gary Fereday
    Gary Fereday Member Posts: 427
    Options
    Look down the Wall to cool off-Scott photo

And get a bibber bucket! and send us a photo of your time cooling off on you B/D! bigugh (;>)
  • BillW@honeywell
    BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
    Options
    Happy B'day

Happy Birthday, Swampster! Any day you're on the green side of the lawn is a good one. Every time I see your posts, I'm reminded of that old Jerry Reed (I think) song that went: Amos Moses was a Cajun, lived by his'self in the swamp. Hunted alligators for a livin', just knock'em in the head with a stump...etc.
  • Brian (Tankless) Wood
    Options
    Bill, you are closer to

the truth than you can imagine.

There are folk who live not more than a mile from here, who survive just like you described.

Whole families who live in the marshes, and only go into town when they absolutely have to (once or twice a year). No electricity, water or phone. Just a boat, a gun and their wits.

No photo's, no one gets that close.

Honest.

Brian (not quite that Swampy) Wood.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    Hey

I'm almost as old as you! Happy Birthday, Swampy.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Brian (Tankless) Wood
    Options
    Hey Bill

you're closer to the truth than you can imagine.

There are folk living in the marshes not a mile from me. They only come out 1-2 times a year, and don't waste valuable bullets on alligators. They really do boink them on the head (or is that bonk :) or lassoo them.

No phones, electricity or fresh water. These are tough folk and nobody messes with them. Folk that time forgot, folk that don't know how old they are, and don't care. All they want is, plenty of catfish & garfish, the occasional cold beer and to be left alone.

I've met a couple, and they are a whole nother breed of people, very interesting.

Gotta go check the crab traps.

Swampster.
  • BillW@honeywell
    BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
    Options
    not totally unfamiliar with Louzanna

My old ship was built in Avondale Yards in New Gretna. We commissioned her in 1967. She's still going strong. I think every area has that kind of folks...here in NJ we have Pineys, but my favorite was The Adirondack Hermit, Noah John Rondeau, who lived year round in a cabin slighly larger than you daughter's playhouse on a remote lake in the wilderness. He'd come into town to buy bullets, butter, flour & sugar about 2 times a year. Some days, that lifestyle looks very attractive!
  • Patrick_2
    Patrick_2 Member Posts: 26
    Options

Aint that the truth!!! Sometimes I think that we have got it wrong and the swampers really know what life is supposed to be.
  • John@Reliable
    John@Reliable Member Posts: 379
    Options
    Mountain people

Sounds like my family on mothers side in W.V. can get intro to a guys sister and wife with only one woman standing there!
  • Brian (Tankless) Wood
    Options
    John, that would crack me up

no end, if it weren't the truth, sometimes.

When you think about it, where do these folk find wives?

Totally unrelated, but, my ship pulled into Newcastle, Australia, we went to the local VFW, I met a local lovely, we were just about to "get to know each other" when we talked, and discovered we were full cousins.....bummer!

My uncle emmigrated there from Newcastle, England, several years before, and you know the rest of the story.

The same happened on the island of Crete. I ran into Perry (absolutely drop dead gorgeous) Wood, who happened to be my cousin of another uncle who moved to Pensylvania (coal miner) many years before.

One of these days I'll meet a prospective wife to whom I'm not already related.

Brian (destined to be single in Swampland) Wood.

Does anyone have any single sisters who's last name isn't Wood?
  • Online Sheriff \"Murph\"
    Options
    happy birthday swampy !!!

and may your crab traps always be full!!
  • heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Your words...........

don't look a day over 29 ;-) Happy Birthday, Brian!

hb

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• John@Reliable
    John@Reliable Member Posts: 379
    Options
    Hey Brian did you know?

According to L.M.Boyd a writer for Crown Syndicate;
    This was in my paper tonight >-
    " More creatures live in swamps than in any other environment on earth" though you would enjoy Happy B'Day!
This discussion has been closed.