Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vitoden flue ?

Bigheadtodd
Bigheadtodd Member Posts: 20
I'd like to know about the flue piping limitations on this sweet boiler. How far can you go verticaly, how far horizontally,with how many 90 degree bends. I'd like to use this boiler, but we are usually asked to put the boiler in the basement, which quite often means the flue has to go 20 or 30 feet verticaly to pop out of roof, or 10 feet verticaly up, then 20 feet horizontally to get to out side wall.

We have used the MZ, but the flue pipe and fittings are very pricey, can usually do the job though.

Thanks, Todd

Comments

• leo g_3
    leo g_3 Member Posts: 2
    the mz

hey, had a chat with pete caruso recently, he said that they were working on using pvc for the venting. give em a call and see ifn its there yet!

leo g
  • kf_2
    kf_2 Member Posts: 118
    VITODENS Venting

Todd,

Right now the unit is only approved for horizontal venting with a 20' Maximum run with 3 elbows. 1 elbow = 1.6'. It will soon be approved for longer horizontal and veritcal venting.

kf
  • Ron Huber
    Ron Huber Member Posts: 121
    Vitodens venting

The manual says 20 ft. equivelent ft. of pipe, an elbow =1.6 ft. of pipe. Have not fired my first one yet, as soon as I get H20 and gas I will post my results.
  • Henry_4
    Henry_4 Member Posts: 59
    The vitodens

can go twenty feet total with sidewall discharge. Viessmann has just received approval for roof vent, thirty three feet max. Horizontal can be no more than 25% of vertical total. 45's and 90's count
  • tcutler
    tcutler Member Posts: 6

> Todd,

>

> Right now the unit is only approved for

> horizontal venting with a 20' Maximum run with 3

> elbows. 1 elbow = 1.6'. It will soon be approved

> for longer horizontal and veritcal venting.

>

> kf

The # of 90 deg turns for Vitoden has been increased to 5 max with the 20 foot max run.
  • tcutler
    tcutler Member Posts: 6

The # of 90 deg turns for Vitoden has been increased to 5 max. Still only a 20 foot max run.

tcutler
This discussion has been closed.