Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus installation question

Options
Bill @ Boro
Bill @ Boro Member Posts: 27
will be installing a Buderus G115 direct vent boiler with a Buderus LT-160 indirect hwh, & Logamatic control. My question is, does anyone know why Buderus shows the feed water piped into the return? Do they want this for a reason or can I pipe the feed valve at expansion tank like normal? I will be using the installation in company advertising and want it perfect. Also want opinions on pex tubing since I will be moving the boiler from laundry room to garage. One more question, any opinions on the Logimatic control?

Comments

• ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Hi Bill

I believe the reason the Buderus manuel shows it on the return is that the Germans the water will slow down in the boiler, helping the air to come out of suspension better. The boiler being the largest area and lowest velocity. I believe thats right but check with Buderus. I see no problem pumping away with the feed at the expansion tank. We do it all the time on our Buderus jobs.

I thing the logomatic is a sweet control. Lots of little extras and really brings the whole "system" together.

Have fun and try to show a picture of the finished job.

Scott

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Roy_2
    Roy_2 Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Water feed

Scott has learned his lessons well. He is right on both counts. Most of the contrators I work with put the feed by the tank. No problems over the last 7 years especially if used with one of the power vents.

Roy

http://www.kielyassociates.com
  • Bill @ Boro
    Options
    Thaks Guys

• Bill @ Boro
    Options
    OOPS Thanks

This discussion has been closed.