Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Basic Electricity book

Options
servicewiz
servicewiz Member Posts: 7
I have been teaching basic heating & controls for 12 years.I am a UA certified instructor. I have been asked to teach a basic Electricity I coarse.Any good resources out there? As always,GREAT THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!
SERVICEWIZ

Comments

• John@Reliable
    John@Reliable Member Posts: 379
    Options
    books

go to books & more on left & check out Carol Feys Quick&Easy Electricity you will love the pig! Hope this helps
  • Basic Electricity

I have some manuals that would be helpful to you, e-mail me and I will give you information on how to get them.
  • Dale
    Dale Member Posts: 1,317
    Options
    Besides the books

mentioned from Carol Fey I like the KLS book Gas Fitters guide to electrical schematics, has a good basic elect. format 1-800-388-5348 in Lewiston NY. I'm not sure if it's still in print. When I teach the topic I always start out with the statement "There's nothing basic about basic electricity" The more hands on examples the better, anything they already know and use helps. Good luck.
  • Canuck
    Canuck Member Posts: 57
    Options
    Question?

Something I've yet to find out - How long IS a short circuit?
    Thanks very much ladies and gentlemen, I'm here all week, enjoy the veal!
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    Actually,

How Long is a Chinaman.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Carl Teschner_2
    Carl Teschner_2 Member Posts: 1
    Options

The UA has a very good basic book if you are teaching UA members you can get thru the UA Journal
  • Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
    Options
    You ain't see nuthin' 'til you red.............................

Timmie's books...the best I've ever come across. Wiring for math and electronic dummies like me...He gets you over that hump, and after that you can understand the most complex, spark ignition ..flame rectification...milliamps...you get the picture... get the man; books..they are a bargain too!!!!! Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
    Options
    UA books

yes, my brother, but you MUST be a UA member to purchase those booksd...and thety chech...Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.