Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Things you may not know about the Search feature - Dan H.

Options
DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
with the Search feature. It works by keyword. Click on Search and then type something in the box. Pick a time within the past 90 days, or just leave the dash in the box and it will go for everything that relates to that key word.

The search will show a list of posts. If one looks intersting to you, click on Show Thread, which you'll see at the top of each individual post. Show Thread opens the entire original thread.

If you then add a post to that thread, the old thread, along with your new post will appear at the top of the Wall.

A bunch of people have asked me about this so I thought some instructions would help.

This new Wall's pretty neat, isn't it? Thanks for being a part of it, and for all that you do for us.
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• Alan R. Mercurio
    Alan R. Mercurio Member Posts: 588
    Options
    Pretty neat?

Pretty Neat? That's understatement The New Wall is Awesome. Thank you providing it for us Dan.

Your friend in the industry,
    Alan R. Mercurio
  • kevin
    kevin Member Posts: 420
    Options
    What a GREAT tool! (nm)

• ed broderick
    ed broderick Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Search feature

Dan: The folks at invision did a fine job on this site and I think the search feature could be the inspiration for another one of your great books. A compilation of heating stuff from a to z. Great job once again. Ed B
  • Riles
    Riles Member Posts: 84
    Options
    Excellent

As much as I like to keep up with "The Wall", with work, wife & the five kids it is tough. I can't always log-on at 4:00am like today. Must sleep sometime.

Hey the search for past posts is great, often I am outside of three days between visits to "The Wall".

Anyway to search by subject matter? Or does it have to be in the title?

And yes the new Wall is outstanding.

Thanks for all you do to help us keep up with all this valuable information.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    search

by key word, which can be anything, a person's name, a subject, even a word like "word." Give it a try.

Glad you like it!
    Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.