Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hate to sound like a pest but need to know about PEX

Options
kevin
kevin Member Posts: 420

Comments

• Bill @ Boro
    Bill @ Boro Member Posts: 27
    Options
    Using PEX tubing

Need some opinions on using PEX tubing for both heating zones and domestic hot water. First can it be used for domestic hot water? Second should I have any concerns about using PEX instead of copper for my 5 zone heating system (one zone is for the indirect hwh 3 for baseboard loops 1 for fan coil in garage). I am installing a new system and moving the boiler from laundry room to garage(Buderus direct vent). Does anyone know if PEX has a web page that can help? Thanks for your help in the past.
  • Dana Zaichkin_2
    Dana Zaichkin_2 Member Posts: 36
    Options
    Hot Tech Topics

Look for "Pex Choices" and Oxygen diffusion corrosion" in hot tech topics in this great site. Consider buying one or more of Dan's books.

DZ
  • John Felciano
    John Felciano Member Posts: 411
    Options
    Pex

We use pex tubing for hot and cold water as well as heatloops.The near boiler piping is still copper as it looks and works better,but once were in the joists or under the floor it's all pex.

Check out one of the manufactureres that sell pex web sites.Some of the common brands are Wirsbo,RTI,Stadler.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.