Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Quality policy (ME)

Options
Mark Eatherton1
Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
We're in the process of presenting our company to larger commercial general contractors as a potential sub contractor in the field of hydronics.

One of them sent me a Sub Contractors Pre Qualification form. On this form it asks for our "Quality Policy". Anyone out there got a clue as to what it is that they're looking for?

The more you learn, the more you need to know.

TIA!

ME

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=88&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• John@Reliable
    John@Reliable Member Posts: 379
    Options
    Did u get contract

David , did you get that contract? Like you I like to be up-front!
  • Earthfire
    Earthfire Member Posts: 543
    Options
    Q.C.Policy

They are probably looking for something along the lines of ISO 9000 (or what ever the number in fashion today is) lots of gobbley goop with little substance. Or as one Plant Mgr. told me when they were going thru the process of getting certified ,It does nothing to guarantee quality or a good product just puts the process on paper so we can consistently screw up in exactly the same way. Personal Quality statement is "We provide the best possible product that you are willing to pay for."
  • Mi39ke_2
    Mi39ke_2 Member Posts: 61
    Options
    Needy

Hi Mark,

Don't know what they are looking for, but if I was confronted with your predicament, I would send them something like: Quality and performance are guaranteed, if we are given the amount of time to perform this contract as specified.

Time is always a factor, it seems. Telling people up-front that quality takes time is always foremost in my mind, lately. My own personal ****-thing, I think. [g] Good luck!

Hard to know what they need...maybe ask a former contractor?

Best,

Mi39ke
  • Gary Fereday
    Gary Fereday Member Posts: 427
    Options
    Quality!

A fellow went to a farmer to buy some oats. The farmer told the fellow that there was two prices for oats. If he wanted good clean oats, rolled and fit for anything that would consume them, they cane at a premimun price, However if he wanted oats that have already been thru the horse they were still costly but at a much lower price! Quality costs money! period!
This discussion has been closed.