Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

tekmar 363

Options
Ron Huber
Ron Huber Member Posts: 121
This is the first 363 that I have used on a new system. 6 radiant zones with plates and one in the slab, with the new Tekmar tstats with floor sensors. The tstats w/sensors added a lot to the price, the 363 allows me to use inexpensive Taco zone controls along with the Tekmar tstats. No room feedback to the Tekmar control, but protecting the expensive wood flooring going in this house was a priority.

Comments

• eleft_4
    eleft_4 Member Posts: 509
    Options

• eleft_4
    Options

Fine workmanship.
    Looks very expensive and takes up a lot of space.

This variable speed system is very reasonable, uses very little space and does everything you have in your picture plus differential pressure control. This house has red oak hard wood floors and has not had any problems. Zone controls for the rooms are on the manifold and cost about the same as zone valves. You might want to look into it on the next job. It will save time.

Al
  • Ron Huber
    Options
    zones

Looks like you are using telestats, how many zones are in the system? I only see one four loop manifold for one zone.
  • eleft_4
    Options
    zones

Ron, each panel has it's own zone. 4 panels 4 zones.

The system has 4 zones Ind.Hot water, IPC panel (prev.picture) basement heat (cast iron) and guest room (base board).
    Ball valve on the left is for boiler bypass adjustment.

Al
  • Jed_2
    Jed_2 Member Posts: 781
    Options
    Eleft, very nice, efficient, and somewhat limited.

I see one mixed supply temp, unless you're using additional proportional down-mixing out of view. What is the practical limit of the System Circulator, relative to design requirements? Also, that is a nifty flow setting valve in the injection bridge. Who makes it?

Jed
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Nice

Very nice Ron. Did you make the panel in the shop or on site. Why not Buderus Blue, or is maroon your signature color ? :).

Thanks for the Birthday Greetings

Scott" One year older " Milne

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Ron Huber
    Options
    Crimson Red

Actually the color was one my wife wanted to use on the barn, she decided she didn't like it, so hey, I'm not about to waste all that good paint. I like to use Gray. We haven't built any systems in the shop yet. I'd like to try it sometime, can't do it this time of year though, too many bats flying around at night spreaded their guano all over anything that isn't covered up.
  • Bill Brobst
    Bill Brobst Member Posts: 4
    Options
    My house

Just playing around with my new camera. First one. This is my house heating system with stapleup radiant on first floor and baseboard on the 2nd floor using a tekmar 371 giving indoor and outdoor feedback. The baseboard is oversized to work at the same temp as the radiant.
  • Bill Brobst
    Bill Brobst Member Posts: 4
    Options
    My house

Just playing around with my new camera. First one. This is my house heating system with stapleup radiant on first floor and baseboard on the 2nd floor using a tekmar 371 giving indoor and outdoor feedback. The baseboard is oversized to work at the same temp as the radiant.
  • eleft_4
    Options
    limited

jed,
    Explain the limited? The system circlator is an 012 the veriable speed is 007 and the primary loop is an 008. I think the 012 is 43 gal. When only 1 panel is calling for heat the flow on the smallest panel .5 gal, D Yates advised installing the differential pressure regulator. This reduced the boiler run time,which is fired @ .6. The bridge flow setting valve comes on the IPC. The temp changes with the outside temp. You set the max temp,which I set @110*. It also has a boiler protection sensor. All comes as a unit. You add feed and manifolds and beyond. Each panel has a thermostat wired back to the control motors on the lower manifold. Each panel has an adjustable flow control valve on the upper manifold to balance the return temps of the panels. One primary loop circulator, zone valves and the circ's on the IPC that's it. Why build one?

The IPP-150 is factory packaged with both the injection
    pump, and the heating system pump, pre-piped
    and pre-wired on the common panel.

Al
  • Jed_2
    Jed_2 Member Posts: 781
    Options
    I erred

I guess there is no limitation with proper line sizing, and the available range of cartridge circs. Who is IPP? I'm not familiar with them. Nice, compact assembly.

Jed
  • eleft_4
    Options
    IPP

jed,

Copy & Paste this one> http://www.weil-mclain.com/radiant/controls.htm

Al
  • Ron Huber
    Options
    control

The control you are using is made by tekmar, for weil Mclain.
  • eleft_4
    Options
    control

They buy ready made to save time and money. They only assemble the unit and market it. It sure makes the job a simple success. ("a favorable result") Hey, I only want to see you make a buck and at the cost per square foot, save space.

Al
This discussion has been closed.