Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Triangle Tube Directs? - DZ

Options
Riles
Riles Member Posts: 84
I am looking at them to recommend when the application is there. I also am interested on any opinions. Thanks.

Comments

• Dana Zaichkin_2
    Dana Zaichkin_2 Member Posts: 36
    Options
    Direct Fired Units

While many of you have praised the Tirangle Tube/Phase III indirect units - has anyone used their direct fired combination units? They seem like an sound alternative for smaller panels and where space is limited. Especially since the other alternative - the BW Combicore - appears to have a pretty poor reliability reputation.

Thanks and Best Regards

DZ
  • Wayco Wayne
    Wayco Wayne Member Posts: 615
    Options
    coincidently

I was coming to the Wall to ask the same question. I am specing one for a job. I've used their indirects and they work well. The combo systems look good on paper but I've learned the hard way on other things that looked good on paper only to fall short of expectations. There's no replacement for experience. Anyone got any???
  • Dana Zaichkin_2
    Options
    Thanks Wayco

Hopefully another Wallie will have used one and will share their expereince. The main thing I've seen so far is they may be a bit pricy - but they also have a lot of included features. I'm supposed to be getting some materials from our area distributor.

Hey - I made a version of your tubing uncoiler - a double decker version. I'll post a pic when I get my image editor working properly.

Best Regards
    DZ
  • DM
    DM Member Posts: 3
    Options

I had some experience with them about 7 years ago and did not have much luck. They may have changed the unit since then. If you are pressed for space why not go with a stackable boiler/indirect like Crown or Buderus?
  • steve gates
    steve gates Member Posts: 329
    Options
    look into

Larrs Endurance. Small footprint,modulating(effiecent),quiet ect. You can get combo or single use. Two diferrent modulating ranges also. Very adaptable.
  • heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Viability?

I'm not exactly where this product fits into the grand scheme of things. While it is inherently better than a regular direct fired water heater, it pales in comparison with regards to performance and life span of a boiler/indirect combination. It costs more than a water heater, but less than a boiler/indirect. I guess it would have an application I just wonder what it would be. If you want to be inexpensive, just use a water heater with an external HX. That way you can just change the water heaters when it fails. If you are looking at long term life and quality, the boiler/indirect option makes the most sense. I think...........

hb

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
    heatboy

The Radiant Whisperer

"The laws of physics will outweigh the laws of ecomomics every time."
  • Alan(CaliforniaRadiant)Forbes
    Options
    Model HMPG-45

We installed one in Berkeley last month; Warmboard and domestic. We also installed a Baxi Luna next to it for another unit.

It installed without a glitch. We've powered it up to dry out the building for the hardwood installation and it's working fine. The domestic is turned all the way down until the owners move in.

Alan

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Dana Zaichkin_2
    Options
    HMPG

Thanks Alan,
    Is the HMPG the Induced draft vs the powered unit (G series vs F)? What do you think about them for value? You have a similarly brief/mild heating season so the majority of the time is dedicated to DHW production/storage I assume.

Best Regards

Dana
  • Dana Zaichkin_2
    Options
    Thanks Steve

I'll check them out

DZ
  • Bill Brobst
    Bill Brobst Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Work Great

This unit is not just a waterheater with two tanks in it. I feel the cool thing about this unit is that the flue does not come in contact with the potable water. The flue comes in contact with the closed loop water. Where this unit really shines is for domestic hot water in a commercial application. You get a 15 year warranty with the unit in a commercial application used for domestic hot water. They are available in big btu's also. Bradford White people just hired their first "boiler guy" from Burnham. Untill just a little wile ago, Bradford White were not "boiler people" they were water heater people. I would install one of the Phase III combo units in a heartbeat. Great unit.
  • Dana Zaichkin_2
    Options
    Sizing?

Thanks Bill,
    Any experience in sizing for residential dual use? Have you had any issues regarding longevity - esp with the carbon steel outer tank - should be all oxygen depleted water though.

Best Regards

DZ
This discussion has been closed.