Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Ozone generators

Options
Wayco Wayne
Wayco Wayne Member Posts: 615
I have an Alpine in my office. I find it is more useful for removing smells than cleaning the air. My daughter has the worst allergies in the family and it did not help her allergies at all. The ozone smell also irritates my sons nose. However when the dog makes a mess on the carpet, after we clean up, the ozone really removes the smells quite quickly. This is it's main use commercially as used by fire restoration companies.

Comments

• John@WattsRadiant
    John@WattsRadiant Member Posts: 49
    Options

Anybody have any experience, good or bad, with ozone generators as air purifiers? Do they work? Some of the claims made seem almost too good to be true
  • Troy_3
    Troy_3 Member Posts: 479
    Options
    alpine air purifyer

I wouldn't live without mine! One in my house. one in my office.
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    Ozone debunking

Ozone generators have been found to be much less than what they claim. Many have deleterious health effects. The state-of-the-art particulate filters cost $1000.+ retail have far lower maintenence, and have been tested by independent labs. Research the Lifebreath TFP and you will begin to understand what fact and fiction are in the air filtration biz.
    See www.lifebreath.com

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    Alpine injunction

BTW, Alpine was cited numerous times by the FTC for misleading advertising and marketing. You can find the data on the FTC website.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • kevin_5
    kevin_5 Member Posts: 308
    Options
    allergies

Hey Wayne, you might think I'm crazy, but my wife had allergies most of her life, and our chiropractor made all symptoms disappear after a few visits. No pills either, and she hasn't had a problem now for years. Maybe one of those guys could help out your daughter. Call around, there are many different philosophies and treatment methods they use, and different people respond differently. I hope this helps.Kevin
This discussion has been closed.