Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Shipping weight of the Burnham V8 series? Ron jr

Options
That we have on the Burnham V8 series , but we cant find anything on the weight . Anyone know the weight of the 3 , 4 and 5 section ? Thank you .

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Shipping Weights

Ron,

The approximate shipping weights are as follows:

V83 - 542 lbs.

V84 - 634 lbs.

V85 - 726 lbs.

V86 - 818 lbs.

This info is in the I&O manual that is shipped with the boiler under dimensional data and is also in the price book. Hope this helps!

Glenn Stanton
  • Unknown
    Options
    Quick reply

Thanks Glenn ,

We just found out that we're going to be switching boiler brands from Peerless to either Burnham or Weil Mclain . My vote was for Burnham . Another question - Can the V8 be split and reassembled if you have to go down a shaky flight of stairs ? We've done it countless times with the Peerless without any problems . Thanks again Glenn .
  • Unknown
    Options
    Splitting sections

Ron,

Just as other manufactures will state, we do not advise trying this in the field. I have spoken with several folks over the years that have done so with success. I would advise having a new set of iron push nipples, high temperature silastic sealant and lubricant for the nipples on hand before doing so though. These section assemblies are pressed together on a multi-ton hydraulic press at the factory. Thanks for your vote of confidence and I hope that management considers your vote. I look forward to working with you and your guys somewhere in the near future! As I stated before, we have a lot to offer and we stand firmly behind every product we make. Hope this helps!

Glenn
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options

Can't you make them out of something like NERF material?

When will you guys make a styrofoam boiler, or something that will bounce?

Ya' gotta' be gettin' bored with cast iron.

Mark "gimme' the LE cuz it's lighter" H

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Unknown
    Options
    Not there yet!

But we're working on it Mark! Hee Hee!

Glenn
This discussion has been closed.