Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vitodens Mania

Options
Ron Huber
Ron Huber Member Posts: 121
I guess I better get my Vitodens Pics in while it's a hot topic. This one is the WB2 11-44 49k to 138K with propane. It will be supplying 10 zones of Climate Panel radiant, 3 hydro air units, and a panel radiator. It is a different animal for sure. I will post the finished product in the next few weeks (hopefully). I have to strech this one out as long as I can, it is on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee and I am still looking for the keys to the boat.

Comments

• Alan(CaliforniaRadiant)Forbes
    Options
    Yes, but

is anyone thinking about micro-zoning and short cycling. What if you just have one small zone calling for heat; that Vitodens is going to be turning on and off a lot, especially when it's mild outside when not much heat is needed. Happened to us with a Munchkin and it can happen with any boiler.

John Siegenthaler just wrote an article about a contractor in Alaska who uses an Ergomax type of indirect water heater as a buffer tank; looks great except you may not be able to get a high efficiency boiler to condense with that set up.

Great job, Ron. Were you able to sell them Viessmann solar as well?

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,692
    Options
    P/S

Just wondering, if all the zones are going at once, will the heating zones towards the end of the P/S header get enough heat? I thought the idea with P/S was to utilize the high temp first, then run the lower temps as you go down the trail.

Gary

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Ron Huber
    Ron Huber Member Posts: 121
    Options
    P/S

The high temp manifold is the one that is not finished, after the low loss header( required for most bigger systems with the Vitodens) the high temp splits, goes into the mixing valve on the branch and will continue up to the hydro air and panel rad manifold just above the mixing valve. The DHW on the Vitodens has seperate tappings that will go directely to the Vitocell. The Vitodens has it's own primary loop between the low loss header and the Vitodens.
  • kf_2
    kf_2 Member Posts: 118
    Options
    VIT

> I guess I better get my Vitodens Pics in while

> it's a hot topic. This one is the WB2 11-44 49k

> to 138K with propane. It will be supplying 10

> zones of Climate Panel radiant, 3 hydro air

> units, and a panel radiator. It is a different

> animal for sure. I will post the finished product

> in the next few weeks (hopefully). I have to

> strech this one out as long as I can, it is on