Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Experiance with Polaris combo unit. - zimm

Options
Bryan
Bryan Member Posts: 3
I have a customer who has been surfing the web and
came across the radiantdirect page.

They are asking me what I know about the Polaris Combo
unit and there products they promote.

Anyone have any experience with this unit and system.

Thanks Zimm

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=220&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• kf_2
    kf_2 Member Posts: 118
    Options
    Polaris

the Polaris is a gas fired water heater manufactured by the American Water Heater Company. It is a sealed combustion 92% efficient, condensing water heater with a stainless steel tank. IT Vents with PVC and has side tappings for a heating. It only has one tank so the domestic water and the heating water are the same. Must use all copper piping with bronze pumps. Check your local codes, some states won't allow it to be used with baseboard or radiant only fancoil units. The few that we have sold are running fine.

kf
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Unless you want PAH's

voice in the back of your mind forever!!, I'd suggest seperating the DHW from the heat. I agree it probably a safer install. Those combined systems may haunt us someday! With or with Daves help :) Even though Lennox and Appollo sell lots of Complete heat systems with combined DHW/ heat. I understand the Lennox Complete heat has a pump exercise cycle every day to stir the system.

Here is how I set up my Polaris DHW/ radiant. A small flat plate HX with a bronze pump. This pump could also serve as a DHW recirc pump wit some extra tappings and flow adjusting valves.

This is a nice hi efficiency system for radiant and DHW. This whole system is in a 36 X 36" space. Plenty of DHW with 1000.000 input.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.