Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Management Approval! and 1974 Slab Update (PJO)

Options
PJO
PJO Member Posts: 140
Looking forward to 11/23! Management gave the thumbs up with the agreement that she gets to go and do a day of shopping in the area while I'm with the Wetheads...me thinks her day will be slightly above the $99 I'm spending (plus the bar tab) :-) I can't wait to see everyone...breakfast of grits & gravy w/ David, all the great discussions with the best bunch of people around, and of course the (inevitable) social events the nights before and after!

An update on the 28 year old radiant slab on grade house that I posted on two weeks ago...it's still in the picture (barely). The two electric baseboard zones where added later as bedrooms, and the system does not leak. Insulation in the house has not been upgraded since '74...6" in attic, etc. Sooooooo, if this purchase actually takes place, I will add insulation, add two zones of baseboard sized for 150F to the bedrooms (while happily tearing out the electric), add a tank off the tankless (does that make it a "tanked"?) and that will do for the first year or two before renovations. After the reno's start, look out! Thanks for all the feedback on this one...I'm hoping to buy it, but still have to continue management negitiations - she's tough!

Take Care, PJO

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    And a good time

will be had by all!
    Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.