Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Type \"L\" vent

Options
Joel_3
Joel_3 Member Posts: 166
Ok "all fuel" pipe is wicked exspensive and overbuilt for typical oil work. "L" vent is UL approved for high eff oil up to 580F continous stack 1700 for 10 min overfire protection. Sooooooo who's used it? how did it work out?? Never seen in it in this here woods but I'm mighty interested especially since you can get it in small sizes like 4" and 5" . looking for feedback ASAP thanx!!!!!

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=179&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• Paul Pollets_2
    Paul Pollets_2 Member Posts: 63
    Options
    Class 1 chimney vent

I've used Class 1 vent (Metalbestos) on many installations. It does the job. Yes, it's not inexpensive. We size the vent to the input of the oil appliance, using the manufacturers' charts.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • kevin
    kevin Member Posts: 420
    Options
    I used one...

in a direct vent(balanced flue) application on a 90 turn where I had a problem with clearance to the floor above as I went through the sill. The fire inspector had given me a hard time before but himmed and hawed and let me do it that way.( he could not find a code that prohibited it). I have not had any problem to this day with that boiler install.
  • Canuck
    Canuck Member Posts: 57
    Options
    L-Vent

It's used a fair bit up here in the north when the cost of 'A' vent becomes too prohibitive to the customer. I have it personally at home on my oil fired (ouch) furnace. It's never been a concern for inspection or performance.
  • John@Reliable
    John@Reliable Member Posts: 379
    Options
    All - Fuel vent

This stuff works fine, but I also use a post & pre purge control to help draft on start-up.Cost is still cheaper than burning down the house. Good luck
This discussion has been closed.