Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

God Bless the Miners!

Options
nick z.
nick z. Member Posts: 157
It's 1:15 in the morning ,just got home God Bless the rescuers, the miners and there families. Ithink they did an amzing thing saving those guys. Definetly a feel good story. Makes me proud to be from PA.

Comments

• Floyd
    Floyd Member Posts: 429
    Options
    AMEN!!!

All out and safe!!!
    Had to wakeup and check it out!
    Thank the Lord for safety and wisdom for those who did the rescue also!
  • Online Sheriff \"Murph\"
    Options
    that is great news!!

For all the families of these guys, and a great relief for all that were concerned about them!! god bless the miners and thier rescuers.
  • nick z.
    nick z. Member Posts: 157
    Options
    Rescuing

Someone there really knew what they were doing.Think about it, they knew exactly where to drill the needed holes, knew how to keep the water away from the men and came up with a way to keep them warm.Also the guys drilling the 30" hole did a hell of a job. I would think they had to drill that hole perfectly straight so the basket didn't get hung up.
  • Online Sheriff \"Murph\"
    Options
    you got that right.....

we were not very optimistic last night before we went to be, after reading you post ,turned on the news (these guys are in the next county). they had to send these guys not only needed air but also fresh water to drink, said at one point the water was up to thier necks!! aarrgghhh!!
  • Jim
    Jim Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Miners...

Did you know that the patron saint of miners is Saint Ann...
    All last week there was a Novena Pilgrimage in Scranton, PA @ Saint Ann Shrine. On Friday July 26th, 2002 was Saint Ann's feast day...I am sure that she was looking over them and protecting them with her grace...

Through the intersession of Saint Ann may God bless in every way....

Thank God and Saint Ann those miners were brought to saftey early this morning for the most part un-harmed...

Jim
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    great news

This has been an amazing and heart warming story. MY thought go out to these men and their familys.

What wonderfull news !!

Scott

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
    Options
    It made us all count our blessings...kept the tv

on all night very happy for the Miners....Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • BillW@honeywell
    BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
    Options

Mine rescue professionals are like the Green Berets or SEALS. They are an elite group of dedicated folks who will not give up, no matter how bad it looks. Theirs is a very dangerous and difficult job. A special breed ,indeed!
  • Brian (Tankless) Wood
    Brian (Tankless) Wood Member Posts: 222
    Options
    From an ex Miner to all Miners

I'm so glad you started the thread, Nick.

The world needed to know just what these men (and their families) endure to bring us energy. My hat's off to all of them, and the world-class team who got them out. These are folk who just don't know how to quit. What a country, I'm so glad to be a part of it all.

At 15, I started out my working life as a timber-lad at the Rising Sun colliery in Wallsend England, shoveling coal, stone and supplying the "real" miners at the faces with materials.

I was fortunate, the National Coal Board saw something in me that I didn't. They put me through college and made a damned good electrician out of me, for that, I'm very grateful. When I left at 20 to travel the world, my sister published a poem for me, called "The one that got away". I left because I hated England, and detested a system that treated working people the way it did. But a huge part of me will always be "back there" in the pit.

This was back in the 60's, but it brings back the memories of broken bones, runaway coal tubs, kicked unconcious by my own pit pony (Lemon). But also, great, never-to-forget memories of eating sandwiches & singing "Mr tambourine man & I got you babe" in the dark, to conserve battery power. All this, with guys I'll never forget.

There were 2,300 folk at the Rising Sun, and I knew every one by first name and knew all their families, coal mining communities are like that.

All those men down there could think about, was their children & wives, not themselves. Selfless Heroes!

Sorry I rambled fella's, but stuff came flooding back and I couldn't stop it. Now it's time to look forward.

Hug your kids and give someone a compliment.

I'm proud to know you guys.

Make good use of the energy that comes out of the earth.

Have a great day.

Brian.

This discussion has been closed.