Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

what type of 608 certifcation do you need

Joe Grosso
Joe Grosso Member Posts: 307
What type 608 do you need for ac work 1,2,3 or universal?

Comments

• ChrisL
    ChrisL Member Posts: 121
    Certification

It all depends on what type of Ac systems you want to work on. Go to www.epatest.com to read info on the differences between 608 certifications.

Chris
  • Heatermon
    Heatermon Member Posts: 119
    608 universal certification

will allow you to work on all a.c., except automobile, which requires 609 certification. If you pass the core section and any one of the three types (1,2, and 3) you will be able to perform work in that section. Section 1 is for small appliances (5 pounds or less of refrigerent). Section 2 is for high pressure systems and section 3 is for low pressure systems.

Good luck,

Heatermon

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Joe Grosso
    Joe Grosso Member Posts: 307
    heatermon

Are residential systems 5 pounds or less?
  • Steve Ebels
    Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
    Lbs.

Once you get over 2- 2 1/2 tons you're usually over 5#'s. Some units even in that size range are over that amount.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Larry_7
    Larry_7 Member Posts: 86
    Type 2

I don't have the literature in front of me but I think type two would cover the split system used in residential. Type 1 is small appliances and further states the entire unit is hermetically sealed at the factory. ie window units, refrigerators, package terminal heat pumps. A split system isn't hermetically sealed due to the required line and indoor coil connections.

Larry
This discussion has been closed.