Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Almost had to replace this today

Patrick
Patrick Member Posts: 17
WOW!!! Now I know how much a 5 lb. box can hold. Good luck, looks like a job that I would not want sensitive ears around.

Comments

• I think its a Thermotron boiler

Some carpentry work needs to be done before we are able to go back and replace it with a Weil Mclain off the floor .

This boiler has 4 zones , 2 zone valves , and a bronze circ for an aquabooster upstairs . There are 4 3/4 pipes right up against the boiler . The only way to get the boiler out of there is to dead lift it out . Or risk crushing some pipes.

I will post some more pics when we go back . Not surprisingly , the customer was promised we would get it done in one day . One long day .
  • John@Reliable
    John@Reliable Member Posts: 379

Ron, All I can say is "Thank god I work for myself and can say no thank you sometimes. This is the type of job I like to start @ 3pm. Remove old stuff and start the next day fresh on replacement Good Luck looks like fun.
  • frank
    frank Member Posts: 5
    (GASP--CHOKE---LOL)

This job (night mare) looks like a moonlighter did it.
  • I think

Alot of the extra pipework was added in trying to fit pipes around all the other obstacles in the way . The problem we ran into is that the customer does not want us to remove the piece of wood and tilework that is on the floor to the left of the boiler . We have to remove it to get a hi jack in there to lift the new one into place . If we do get the job going , were going to use zone valves and one circ for the whole system - anything else and itll turn into another nightmare - like that pic .
  • Pat
    Pat Member Posts: 25
    100lbs in a 1lbs bag

God bless you! I would have started drinking long ago if I had to work on something like that!
This discussion has been closed.