Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Primary secondary with a WM GV boiler

Options
Andy Morgan
Andy Morgan Member Posts: 2
Where is the right place to put the expansion tank to acheive "pumping away" when you pipe this boiler prim/sec? The instructions are not clear about this. System will be 6 zones of radiant, two hydros, and an indirect.

Thanks
Andy Morgan

Comments

• Floyd_2
    Floyd_2 Member Posts: 52
    Options
    The easiest way...

is to make a long header with supply say on the right and the returns all on the left, pipe the supply and return from the boiler into two tee's close to gether in the center. Then on the supply side before the tee,s for the supplies just put your air scoop, with the water feed and the expansion tank under it. Then place all your circ. pumps for the various zones on the supply for each zone.
    Don't forget flo-checks or you'll have big problems!!!

Hope this helps!!
  • Michael B
    Michael B Member Posts: 179
    Options
    John Siegenthaler

Put together a wonderful book for Weil showing many different primary/secondary set-ups (including this one). Ask your local wholesaler for a copy...if he/she does not have it you can contact me mikeb@abledistributors.com and I will be happy to fax it to you.

• Dale
    Dale Member Posts: 1,317
    Options
    The Weil McClain book is great!

I didn't know John S wrote it for them. Some of the best illustrations I've ever seen. If it's what I think it is It's "AlumiPex Radiant Tubing Controls, Pumps, Wiring design guide" Part no. 650-000-240/1098 I don't know if there's a newer edition but the answer to your question is on pgs 62 and 63 showing an injection panel. page 82 adds a bit. I would recommend this book to anyone working in RFH. I asked Dan to sell it on his website but I guess there's some reason not to.
This discussion has been closed.