Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

The New Wall - jq

Options
jfox
jfox Member Posts: 44
Dan, it goes without saying that everyone who knows about the Wall appreciates how much you have done and how valuable the Wall is, and I hesitate to critcize, but I have to say that I am not entirely happy with the change.

(For one thing, why is the font so small in this window where I am typing this post, I can hardly see what I am typing.)

The big things are

1) losing threads after three days; I can only go back by searching. Surfing and lurking, reading threads just because they are on the Wall, I have learned about things I didn't even know were important. I would never search for them without knowing about them. Having a "next 10 topics button", for example, I feel would be better.

2) are all those years of posts from the old Wall gone forever? There are thousands of good ideas, thoughts, tips, advice, evaluations, etc. in there. They are still on a hard drive somewhere. Can they be accessed, posssibly?

3) I forget what 3 is.

but. really, why is this window, where I am typing this, a size 6 font. I am going blind trying to spell rihgt.

All the best,

John

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,530
    Options
    Old posts

A few years ago we offered to have Invision save the old posts on CD-ROM. There's too much information here to just store it on the site. The price of the CD-ROM was $50 for three months (my cost was $10,000 per CD-ROM, each quarter). About 12 people signed up for it so we dropped the idea.

We hold posts for three days, but you can bookmark any thread and it will stay on your computer for as long as it's bookmarked. The reason why we don't go back further than that (other than through the search engine) is because a big part of what makes the Wall work is that it's perishable. That's why we have so many people here at any given time, and the reason why everyone gets such a quick response to their questions.

The font that I'm typing right now is 12 point and looks fine to my old eyes. Try using the Options feature to change the size of the type.

Sorry that you're not entirely happy.
    Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.