Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Why is it?!?!?!?!?!? Mark Hunt

Options
Mark Hunt
Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
that every time I have been referred to as "Darling" there was a virus involved!?!?!?!?!?!?

Just a heads up, there is a klez thing named "Darling" floating around.

Be careful out there.

Mark H

Comments

• Alan(CaliforniaRadiant)Forbes
    Options
    I get about 4

a day; Norton picks them up and quarantines them; would like to know how to get out of this loop. I know Mark Eatherton dumped his Outlook Express, but haven't had the time or knowledge to do the same.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    I get

about 50 each day. The best thing I've ever bought was McAfee's SpamKiller. It stops them before they get into the machine because it won't allow a file that size into the system. SpamKiller deletes obvious spam and lets you look at everything that's incoming before it comes in.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Dave Yates (PAH)
    Dave Yates (PAH) Member Posts: 2,162
    Options
    I wish

I'd had that Spam killer as a kid when we used to go camping!

For virus writers, they need to cut off their fingers. I had one bounce back at me today as undeliverable mail. Seems the dag gonned thing was using my e-mail as the sender's address. That's what Klez does, it hides behind other's addresses.

All my incoming and outgoing e-mail is Nortonized. It's gotten so I can tell it's another Klez infected file by the timing of the download delay. Better yet, give me five minutes alone with the geek who wrote this thing.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • canuckDale
    canuckDale Member Posts: 77
    Options
    Not me ..yet???

This likely doesn't help, but more info never hurts.

http://www.lavasoft.nu/art1.html

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    he is, however

providing employment for many, and that keeps the economy running ;-)

Retired and loving it.
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options
    WOW!!

I thought I left myself wide open for some interesting responses.

I have either over estimated you, under estimated you, or simply have no idea.

Anyway, my Norton catches everything and then tells me with a BIG RED WARNING!!

Sooner or later one of us will come face to face with one of these virus writers, when that happens, I hope we will all act like professional............................

HITMEN!!!!!!!!

Mark H

This discussion has been closed.