Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

bosch on demand hwh questions? - Guy De Gennaro De Gennaro Fuel

Options
need some help on this one, have a customer that their tankless coil in a ford oil boiler has had it , trying to sell them on a new boiler and indirect hwh,however they have available to them a bosch on demand hwh set up for natural gas ,direct vent i beleive, they were told it could be changed to LP ,my ? is how well do they work? and how do they work in a very hard water system ? they said it has a copper heat exchanger and i`m wondering if that won`t also plug up just like the tankless. any help on this one is greatly welcomed, thanks in advance Guy

Comments

• Earthfire
    Earthfire Member Posts: 543
    Options
    Bosch

CEC out of Vt. markets Bosch gas fired powerventable waterheaters. Just received a brochure from them the other day. Try www.controlledenergy.com/12 or 1-800-642-3199 the brochure has no info about convertability as gas source
  • Dana Zaichkin
    Dana Zaichkin Member Posts: 29
    Options
    \"Bosch\" Brand label

There are (at least) two tankless products with the Bosch brand on it (CEC does market both). First is the "Bosch Aquastar" with non modulating fixed BTUH output. The second is a re-branded Takagi TK1 fully modulating 35K-165K output. Very different animals. I know the Takagi literature states the unit is not field convertable between LP & NG.

DZ
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bosch On Demand

I installed on of them 5 years ago as a wall hung boiler. It was not feild convertable I remember this becouse I had to send the first unit back to the supplier. I don'y remember the model number but it worked like a charm. Very good piece of equipment. On draw back is they like the gas. Make sure to supply it with correct pipe size.
This discussion has been closed.