Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Stadler prefab RHF product - Craig

Craig Patrizio
Craig Patrizio Member Posts: 17
Does anyone have experience with the Stadler prefab RHF product for staple down? Thank you.

Craig

Comments

• Craig Patrizio

.. and where can I buy it retail?
  • joel_4
    joel_4 Member Posts: 42
    stadler

Contact them directly through thier web site and they can tell you who is closest to you. Excellent product we've used it since around 94? when it was introduced. stadler itself has been here with radiant since around 80'.
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,795
    yep

Are you installing this yourself? Can you say "pump curve" and "system curve"? These tiny tubes need lots of head from the pump. I have about 300 of these panels at my house.

Gary

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Andy N.
    Andy N. Member Posts: 53
    I've used

Stadler panels in the past and really like the way they go in. I personally would much rather install the panels on top than staple up. I use a pneumatic staple gun. they install quicker than you may think and make for a very clean layout. you need to be careful on tubing lengths. the system reacts quickly so you wont see any thermal flywheeling. Definitely have a 12" miter saw, a pneumatic caulk gun, a pneumatic stapler or quikdrive screw gun. I use a laser square to begin the layout.
  • Craig Patrizio

Yes, I will be installing it myself as a DIY project. I'm able to physically do the installation and the plumbing, I'm just trying to learn how to do it in the best possibly way. I'm going to be buying "Primary Secondary Heating".. and the other one about radiant heating. Can someone post the actual title so I can get them from this website? At or around the same time I am also interested in putting in a Tekmar boiler controller.. or something similar.. to give me outdoor reset control, zoning, and future DHW (the HW tank is getting up in years).

We are going to be redoing two bathrooms..and possibly a kitchen.. and I would like to get the proper materials laid in the floor so I can hook up to them at a later time when I revamp the heating system.. and connect the RFH to the rest of my hydronic system.
  • Larry Ticknor
    Larry Ticknor Member Posts: 38
    Books

I believe you want:
    "Hydronic Radiant Heating"
    "Primary-Secondary Pumping Made Easy"

Both are good books to read and will answer many of your questions.
    Both on sale right now, so you get an excellent deal. Don't delay.

Check out some of the other books there too. Like the one on Radiant Controls by Carol Fey.

Good Luck,

Larry Ticknor
This discussion has been closed.