Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New Wall Q&A - ME

Options
Mark Eatherton1
Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
Subscribe to a topic button mean? What's is do?

Why do the threads seem to be re-arranged when I refresh?

What dictates how they are shuffled?

Why do some threads started from yesterday have todays date on them?

WIll the time of day ever be included?

Thanks Dan. In general, it works great. Just takes some gettin' use to.

ME

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=88&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    answers

Subscribe to Thread is nothing more than a bookmark that allows you to look at the main list and mark stuff that looks interesting so that you can go back and read them. It serves no other purpose and is just one of little features of the software.

Any new post in any of the threads brings that thread to the top of the list. The times are on the posts themselves.

I use the New Messages feature when I first come on the Wall. It shows me all the new stuff that has gone up since I last visited. Then I can go read the entire thread by going to the main list. The threads that contain the new stuff will all be up top and colored blue.

How'd I do?
    Retired and loving it.
  • Floyd
    Floyd Member Posts: 429
    Options

I wish.... there was a way to go right from the new messages thread to the main thread.
    This sure is a bit different, to be honest I'm not sure yet if i like it any better, funny how that once you are used to something, change can be very difficult!!!!
    I think I am seeing some new names coming up though, that's always good!
    Also miss not being able to see names of the posters on the main list.
    Still find my self clicking "back" after readinga post instead of scrolling down.

For me ...... the jury is still out!!!!!

Give me a week or so... "I'll get back to ya!!!" (G)
  • Dan Peel
    Dan Peel Member Posts: 431
    Options
    So

By posting to a topic every 3 days the thread becomes immortal?
    That's be different. Dan

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    all you have to do

is add your name to the Topic when you firt post it, Floyd.
    Retired and loving it.
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    interesting concept

I guess we'll see what happens come tomorrow!
    Retired and loving it.
  • Online Sheriff \"Murph\"
    Options
    i was

under the impression that subscribe to topic would send you an e-mail any time some one posted to that thread, for once i may be wrong (G) , it seems only to work if they reply to your post on the thread not if they reply to some one else, or start a new post to the subject. i have got a few e-mails back but not all. And don't worry about that big cry-baby floyd, he probaly got a field to plow or sumptin'
  • Online Sheriff \"Murph\"
    Options
    and another thing (G)

the new messages seem to not have the link or the title to send you back to the original post ,so checking the "new message" is like walking into the end of a conversation, not knowing what the topic was.

just to test the edit thing, is a great feature. thanks dan I understand that you got a lot of time and cash into rebuilding this "FREE" feature and I appriciate all your efforts

just being observant and critique the new wall, the open thread thing and the names and time will be missed, sorta like having power windows then not.the car is sportier.

SO IF YOU OTHER GUYS HAVE ALL THE BOOKS, MAY I SUGGEST SOME GIFT SUBSCIPTIONS FOR ALL YOUR RELITAVES AND FREINDS(g)
  • Floyd
    Options

Hey, I agree with you Murph!!!! Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrppppppppppprrrrrrrrriiiiiiissee!!!!! surprise!!!!
    Didn't want to do all my bitching at once... glad YOU did it for me!!!!!!!
    And the reason that I want the names on the front page, isn't so that people will know that I wrote, but for me, so that when I check in here in a hurry, as is usually the case I can scan down and pick out the posts from the writers that I know are talking about the things that I am interested in.!!! Am I making any sense here?????
    I can be very selective at times as to what I chose to look at and I am finding that much more difficult now, maybe I just the only dumb farmer in the bunch!!!!!!

Hey, speaking of farmers!!!! I was changing a condenser out at a bank on Fri. and this guy drives up on this John Deere "B" walks up to the drive-up and cashes a check, gets back on and drives away!!!!!

You might be a redneck if........
  • Floyd
    Options

Also.... just figgered out that if you post one of those humungo big pics. that the whole thread goes humugo and you can't read any of them with out running the screen back and forth!!!!!!
    Thank God, no Invision, for the edit feature that let me resize things and save my a...... butt!!!!

Just playin' with the "new wall" at 1 AM on a Sun. mornin'!!!!!!
  • Greg Gurecki
    Greg Gurecki Member Posts: 22
    Options
    New wall

Just got back from Disney . The new wall has a great look. I am exploring and pondering the other remarks,But so far, I like what I see. I would, like to see who is posting on the front page like Murph said not
    to see my own name, but there are certain people you read even if the topic in particular dose not catch your eye.
  • Greg Gurecki
    Greg Gurecki Member Posts: 22
    Options
    New wall

Just got back from Disney . The new wall has a great look. I am exploring and pondering the other remarks,But so far, I like what I see. I would, like to see who is posting on the front page like Murph said not
    to see my own name, but there are certain people you read even if the topic in particular dose not catch your eye.
  • PJO
    PJO Member Posts: 140
    Options
    One Question...

Dan,
    The new Wall is great - especially how fast you can read through a subject and the different posts related to it. I do have one problem...operator error most likely....I was away at the Joisey Shore (wonderful weather!) for three days and would like to see all the posts from Thursday evening through Friday.

Can I just "search" by date only? Thanks in Advance, PJO
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    date

It works by keyword and pulls up individual posts with that keyword, not the post's entire related thread. That feature can reach back 90 days. You can't search by date. Sorry. Any post that's not active after three days is dropped from the Wall and goes into storage for 90 days. If people keep adding to it, it stays active on the Wall.
    Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.