Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

On a lighter note..... -DF

Options
Dan Foley1
Dan Foley1 Member Posts: 55
Sorry guys, I'll stay out of the political/religious debate. Here are two of my current projects. The first is an A/C job I did last week. It's hot here in DC - 96* yesterday. We actually started this one last week. We removed the old unit from the roof and went to set the curb adapter. With the new unit hanging 40 feet in the air, we discovered that the adapter was 12" off. Apparently American Standard changed the dimensions on this model and Thy Curb still had the old cut sheet. What to do? I had a crane standing by and a 4'x8' hole in the roof. I set the new unit on 4x4's next to the curb, temporarily patched the hole with sheet metal, silicone and a lot of silver tape, and got an earful from a very hot and very angry building owner. Isn't it great to be in business? I went back with the correct curb and four of us lifted the unit in place by hand. The pictures are with the correct curb.

The next set of pictures are of a new house we started a few weeks ago. We are doing the entire mechanical package. We are snowmelting the steps and entry patio. At the time I piped this job Foley Mechanical consisted of one employee - me. Jeff Riley of Thos. Somerville Co. was kind enough to lend me a hand laying the pipe. The patio was gravy but the steps took a toll on our knees and backs - no fun! Thanks for the help, JR. -DF

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    Jeff's

a good guy!
    Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.