Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

so this what a cylinder is - Gary

Gary Usa
Gary Usa Member Posts: 40
hiya guys,how we all doing,just thought you may be interested in a water heater i put in today.i know it's not as impressive what you other guys put in but getting their,

starting to learn the different controls,imperial fittings etc etc,having alot of fun learning all the different things,and my own knowledge from back home is starting to come into affect while doing a job,

thanks again to all of you and hope that at last one day can finally meet you all.

it is so nice to now be able to get up in the morning and look forward to work,instead of when i was at home.

you certainly have a wonderfull country my friends and was well worth the wait.yippie

all the best

gary usa

Comments

• Bill NTSG
    Bill NTSG Member Posts: 321
    Gary

Is that a Vaughn Top Performer? Nice neat job. Look forward to visiting with you some time soon also.Maybe you can make it to the wet head convention in the fall or ISH-NA in Canada.
  • Bill NTSG
    Gary

Is that a Vaughn Top Performer? Nice neat job. Look forward to visiting with you some time soon also.Maybe you can make it to the wet head convention in the fall or ISH-NA in Canada.
  • Nice install Gary

And plenty of open space to install it in . What type of tank is that?
  • Hey Bill

That Vaughn tank , is it the one with the rock lining and the coil that goes in from above ? How do you like em ?
    One of my partners installed one last week - real heavy , needs a special stand if you put it on blocks , and getting the nuts on the bolts around the flanged top he said was a pain. I guess were getting kind of used to carrying in a Megastor by hand.
  • Bill NTSG
    Ron, Yes

The nuts and bolts are a pain in the *** . If the foam insulation is in the way it is worse. My fat fingers do not fit in there so well. I dropped one of the nuts and it took about 15 minutes to fish it out from under the top of the jacket. Heavy as #$@!. I don't think the performance is so remarkable that I would do it again. Done 4-5 of of'em.We are sold on the mega-stor also.Nice and light and no problems to speak of.
  • David Sutton
    David Sutton Member Posts: 82
    How dose that tank compare ???

> Is that a Vaughn Top Performer? Nice neat job.

> Look forward to visiting with you some time soon

> also.Maybe you can make it to the wet head

> convention in the fall or ISH-NA in Canada.

to say a bock ct 40 or a amtrol boiler mate. what are the pros and cons always looking for a way to do it better thank you David
  • David Sutton
    David Sutton Member Posts: 82
    How dose that tank compare ???

to say a bock ct 40 or a amtrol boiler mate. what are the pros and cons always looking for a way to do it better thank you David
  • Bill NTSG
    David

Very similar to a Bock 30 or 40 Ct. The perfotmance is close to the same. The Vaughn is stone lined so it is Much heavier and additional labor because you have to install the coil in the field. On the other I would much rather change the coil on the "Top Performer" than an Amtrol!!
This discussion has been closed.