Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Is it just me? Mike Kraft

Mike Kraft
Mike Kraft Member Posts: 406
I realize this is a heating based web.Occasionally there have been topics that have been knocked around that are not related to the heat that this site is about.But this is about enough.

Read this and think.......(I clipped it from my email)

Federal appeals court rules Pledge of Allegiance unconstitutional because of words 'under God,' according to The Associated Press.
Watch CNN or log on to http://CNN.com /AOL Keyword: CNN for the latest news.

Again I have tried to keep my opinions of certain topics to myself......but I'm thinking this is a tad bit lunacy.

cheese

Comments

  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Me too

    Mike I understand your concern over broaching this subject. I will only say , I feel the same way you do !!!!!!
    Give me a Break !!
    Scott
  • what could we expect

    from the left coast with a right-wing agenda (no offence alan)these folks have there own traditions that are not as old or as deeply rooted as the rest of the country, the up note is this court group (9th) is often overturned.
  • Steve Ebels
    Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
    It's sad

    And so left wing/PC/liberal. What about the rights of the people who want to say it the way it is? Fox news had a blurb about this. One of their legal commentators revealed that this particular court has come up with many ultra left leaning opinions. I think it was the 9th Circuit court in Sacramento CA. If the people/kids/teachers don't want to use the word, well then, don't.

    What ever happened to majority rule here in this land of democracy. I would dare bet if this came to a nationwide vote it would be overwhelmingly in favor of leaving the Pledge as is.

    This is a good arguement for school choice. If the atheistic parent that instigated this whole tempest in a teapot wanted his child educated without hearing the G word then he could find a school that followed his beliefs. The people that disagree with his position would be able to send their children to a school that teaches the values and morals they believe.

    I am fortunate to live in a community where the teachers and students in the local public school think nothing of prayer at an assembly or other meeting. It shows in the attitude of respect that the great majority of teenagers have around here.

    BTW, I don't give a rip what's PC or not. Maybe you could tell.

    To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • John Felciano
    John Felciano Member Posts: 411
    I always

    wondered about that.I remember asking teachers about it way back in high school.I never did get a answer.Personally I don't care much one way or the other,but government and religion are suppose to be seperate.

    On the same note why do they have you swear on a bible in court?

    To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Steve Ebels
    Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
    msnbc.com

    Has a poll going on right now. Check the results and vote your opinion.

    To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • steve gates
    steve gates Member Posts: 329
    the constitution intent

    is to keep the state out of the church not the church out of the state, but to some judges it doesn't matter. It should!
  • Earthfire
    Earthfire Member Posts: 543


    I couldn't find the poll just the survey on the story
  • Steve Ebels
    Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
    Out of 182,315 votes

    78% were for leaving the pledge the way it is and 22% felt it was unconstitutional.

    To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Sal Santamaura1
    Sal Santamaura1 Member Posts: 31
    I hate to be redundant, so

    please stroll over to David Sutton's thread on The Wall titiled "L.A. fed. judges say..pledge unconstitutional" and read what I posted on this subject. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!