Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Cute little

Options
Takagi installation; outside, next to the gas meter.

Has anybody used a Takagi dedicated to a hydronic heating system? We've used them for domestic and added on a HX for small radiant work, but never alone. I'm tempted to use one for a radiator (180*) job coming up.

Any thoughts?

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=53&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Any code issues

when using them for heating? Watch out for the pressure drop thru them. Thr Rinnai people came thriugh our town a couple months ago. I'm not convinced they would be a good heating sourse.
    The Rinnais do not work well when they start seeing warm return temperatures the gas valve doesn't seem to modulate up very well. They told us a new control board is in the works for applications like heating or DHW recirc thru them.

I must admit I have seen some 20 year old Paloma and Vaillant wall hung instantanious radiant jobs around here, still running!

180 sounds pretty hot for them will they run there? Is it the small package and outdoor mount-ability that atttracts you?

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Alan(CaliforniaRadiant)Forbes
    Options
    As long as

you're five feet from the property line and follow the manufacturer's instructions, local inspectors will OK the installation.

You adjust water temperature by dip switch settings: 113*, 140* 167* and 176*.

Both Rinnai and Takagi have remote temperature selectors as well. If you want to run a tub for a child, you can punch in 102* at the controller located in the bathroom, turn on the hot water faucet (no cold) and get the selected temperature without worrying about scalding. Kind of an interesting accessory. Manual reset.

Warm return water temperatures can be a problem. I've talked to the Takagi people and they are pretty confident that their gas valve responds well and this has been borne out in the field.

Might be something to try more often, especially on those jobs where there's no room in the house for the boiler.

All the best,

Alan

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
This discussion has been closed.