Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Quality Plumbing Work

Options
ScottMP
ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
I know this is'nt heating work but many times Plumbers get a slam thrown their way for bad heating work. I walked onto one of my jobs today to find this work done by Steve Regan. This is 3/4" copper L for the whirlpool supplys, and water and waste for the lav. I can't think of any better work. Notice how all the holes have insulation around them with nail guards. Nice job Steve.

Scott

Comments

• ScottMP
    Options
    Good Plumbing

I know this is'nt heating work but many times Plumbers get a slam thrown their way for bad workmanship. I walked onto one of my jobs today to find this work done by Steve Regan. This is 3/4" copper L for the whirlpool supplys, and water and waste for the lav. I can't think of any better work. Notice how all the holes have insulation around them with nail guards. Nice job Steve.

Scott
  • Online Sheriff \"Murph\"
    Options
    boy oh boy!!

that man knows how to solder!! you could stand to hang with him for a few weeks there SCM.
  • Unknown
    Options
    the guy that

The guy that pushed the drill did some pretty excellent work there, too! He paid his dues that day. Noel
  • ScottMP
    Options
    solder ?

Who do you think taught him !!!!!!!

Scott Old MAN Milne
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options
    Very nice... Mark H

Nothing like plumbing from above!! Of course there was that one time when I was sent to do a rough-in on a house that wasn't there yet!!!!

And don't let Murph get you going! Haven't seen any of HIS solder joints posted have you?

Uh huh! Wonder why???????????

Beautiful work!!!

Mark Hunt
    Options
    gee now you got me

try and see if you can see, of course you older guys may need to put on the bi-focals.

wasn't focused on solder, just on the plates.
  • Unknown
    Options
    We have all seen

how a butcher can mangle pipework that is exposed outside walls - but to have something that is as neat as that job makes it almost a shame to bury it in a floor . That plumber is a true credit to his profession . Recommend him to others often.
  • Boilerpro
    Boilerpro Member Posts: 410
    Options
    One concern

VERY nice plumbing, but holes bored near the top or bottom of the joists significanatly reduce the strength of the joists. If a structurally knowledgable inspector sees this, you may end up having to rip out the plumbing and joists and replace both. Holes should be kept near the middle of the joist and not in the middle of the span (bending stress) and away from the very ends within the depth of the joist's distance from the bearing points...shear stress (ie. with a 2 x10, no holes within 9 1/4 inches of the bearing points). Just some structural knowledge picked up from my structural engneering classes many moons ago.

Boilerpro

• hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Drilling and notching joists hr

Most building codes read like this. Holes cannot be any closer than 2 inches from the bottom or top of the joist, and not within 2" of another hole. The holes diameter cannot excees 1/3 of the joist depth (2-3/8" for 2X8)
    Holes can be drilled anywhere in the joist span if they follow these guidelines.

Notches in the top or bottom cannot exceed 1/6 the depth of the joist and no longer than 1/3 of the joist depth. Notches must not be in the middle 1/3 of the span. If the notches at the very end it can't exceed 1/4 of the joist depth. No holes within 2" of any notch.

The hole drilling rules are completly different for TJIs or other engineerer lumber products, always check with the manufactures drilling charts for these requirements.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
    Options
    bring it back from the dead

post pile, got from the search engine

if this works they may never go away!!!

thanks dan, I guess i was trying too hard.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,529
    Options
    glad to see

it working for you, Murph'. Now all we have to do if figure out the pop-ups!
    Retired and loving it.
    Options
    you guys see

i can bring back all your crude remarks for later refference, aha!!
    Options
    the old wall

my mistake, it took forever to load the fac page, then it took looong time to back out of it. now is like super fast!!
  • Mark Hunt
    Options

Statute of limitations there Sheriff. I woulda' thunk a peace officer would know about stuff like that.

Mark H

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    copper with plates???

Is that copper tubing and aluminum transfer plates??

• Mark Hunt
    Options
This discussion has been closed.