Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Almost Finished - DF

Options
Dan Foley1
Dan Foley1 Member Posts: 55
This is an Arlington Heating Project we have been working on for almost three years. Total billings for mechanicals will be well over $1/2 million. Even though I have left Arlington Heating, I am still working on this project until it is complete as I promised.

There are four MZ40 boilers feeding 19,000 square feet of radiant floor heat in the main house, pool house, guest house, and two three car garages. The MZ's also feed a small snowmelt zone and DHW. They are staged through a Heat-Timer reset control and sequencer. The 23 heating zones are controlled through six Danfoss ZCP's.

Two Thermal Solutions boilers heat the two pools and spa through Danfoss ZCP panels. They also freeze protect a small pond and waterfall isolated by a heat exchanger. Two more Danfoss ZCP's are used for snowmelt on the motorcourt, walkways and steps.

The barn was too far away from the mechanical room to pump hot water so it is heated and cooled by a separate forced air system. I proposed radiant heat for the horses utilizing a separate mechanical system but I guess they had to draw the line somewhere.

We also installed nine A/C systems, humidifiers, EAC's, HEPA filtration, ERV's, and an electronic control package that ties into their home automation system. I hope to complete this one in the next 2-3 weeks. -DF

Comments

• Dan Foley1
    Dan Foley1 Member Posts: 55
    Options
    More pics

Here are some pictures of the mechanicals on this project. -DF
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    should be

done by Christmas, eh? :-) It came out great, Dan.
    Retired and loving it.
  • heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Options
    I am in complete awe, Dan.

I just keep staring at the pictures! Simply amazing. Way above my head. I have no doubt you will continue this trend with your own stuff. I have never seen anything nicer.

hb

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
    heatboy

The Radiant Whisperer

"The laws of physics will outweigh the laws of ecomomics every time."
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    I was

on this job with Dan last year. Incredible work. I was so impressed that I wrote about it in PM last December.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Mike Kraft
    Mike Kraft Member Posts: 406
    Options
    Re:Almost Finished

Now that is life styles of the rich and comfortable :)......incredible stuff Dan.Must of been a bear.I can certainly see that Danfoss was a huge player in solutions.MZ is shining too..............Great work!

cheese
  • Chris Brown
    Chris Brown Member Posts: 17
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!

Dan, this is amazing work! beautiful!

Love the Danfoss panels!

Chris
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options

State of the art work, Dan! Your the "radiant" man.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • RB_2
    RB_2 Member Posts: 272
    Options
    It’s a privilege to be part of your team...

...what an outstanding installation!

Mr. Foley, you and your guys have just perfected the image we have envisioned for the past two years.

Thanks for putting the pieces of the puzzle together so darn eloquently...inspiring!

RB
  • Steve Ebels
    Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
    Options
    NICE!

Nice work. You obviously take a lot of pride in what you do. It's also nice to work with people that want and can afford that level of material and workmanship. I just wish we could do it for everyone.

• Riles
    Riles Member Posts: 84
    Options
    There may never be another like this one.

Everytime I visit this project with you I am in awe. I'm glad you shared all these pictures with the diehards. It is truly amazing. Can you imagine having done this without using the Danfoss ZCP's? Good Luck on your final push to finish.
This discussion has been closed.