Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
If our community has helped you, please consider making a contribution to support this website. Thanks!

Lochinvar Noble part ID

Options

What is the screw below the relief valve on my Lochinvar Noble boiler? It's pictured in some, but not all of the illustrations in the manual but I don't see a description and I don't find it in a parts listing.

temp valve.jpg

Comments

  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Posts: 18,146

    it is a manual bleeder. presumably it is to bleed the boiler. you could bleed it by opening the relief valve too. the relief valve may not reseat if it hasn't been opened in a while

  • AlaskaDick
    AlaskaDick Posts: 52

    Thanks. I didn't want to start turning screws until I was sure what they were.

  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Posts: 28,408

    That bleeder is used on the first fill up to assure all the air gets expelled from the boiler heat exchanger, a handy addition. In the past it was common to hold the relief valve open until water flowed. But from day one they could leak after getting installation debris in them.

    If you use it put a tray or cookie sheet under it to prevent water getting into trouble below.

    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    mattmia2