Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
If our community has helped you, please consider making a contribution to support this website. Thanks!

Gv90+5

Options

we had a new unit put in last year when we switched to gas, we live in an older 1800s home with poor insulation and cast-iron hot water radiators.


What is the recommended boiler temp setting for something like that with our home? Last year I the boiler at minimum efficiency setting and it seemed like our boiler kicked on and off all the time and our gas bill was rather high each month in the winter.


So this year, I’m going to try the max efficiency setting on the boiler to see if that helps, but I’m trying to figure out the best boiler temp setting to set it up. By the time our radiators get heated up, most of them are around 105 to 110°.