Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
If our community has helped you, please consider making a contribution to support this website. Thanks!

No circulation after boiler protection valve added

Options
Mail4tommo
Mail4tommo Posts: 87
edited 7:16PM in Radiant Heating

I added a series 280 callefi boiler protection valve and now just constantly over temp, it doesn't seem to move anything at all though the boiler or system..

Am I impatient and it's will eventually open ? I had it running for probably 20 minutes ..

The instruction manual doesn't exactly detail what's the boiler in the picture..

Or more probably I did it wrong. Going to take a gas if it's something to do with the circulator location.. any help would be awesome thank you guys

11759.jpg 11760.jpg 11758.jpg

hanks in advance guys

Here are a few pics

Comments

  • HydronicMike
    HydronicMike Posts: 442
    edited 7:38PM

    Can you put some labels and arrows on your pic-supply, return, flow?

    It appears to be set up as system bypass and not boiler bypass. Are you sure the flow thru the circulator is going up?

    But it does appear you installed it wrong.
    Note that your installation looks nothing like any of those four pictures

    IMG_1876.png
  • JimP
    JimP Posts: 111

    I believe that if you move the circulator to the return side between the mixing valve and the boiler on the return side it will work fine. Maybe you’ll need to relocate the expansion tank when you make that change.
    The manual does show that in a graphic way.

  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Posts: 28,357

    You want to pump away from the mix port on a 3 way valve. This allows it to pull fluid through the valve from one or both H&C ports.

    Here is another piping example and explanation on how the valve operates.

    Screenshot 2026-10-03 at 2.30.23 PM.png
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    Mail4tommo
  • Mail4tommo
    Mail4tommo Posts: 87

    @HydronicMike

    This job I added the return dirtmag and the mixing valve and the horizontal ball valve.

    11758.jpg

    Here's a pic with direction of flow