Crane 100 series boiler
Hi I need to find the year manufacture of this boiler made by Crane boiler. Model 100W120PE Serial W-0692. Do all hot water boilers need a low water cut off and air scoop and flow switch. Tbis boiler is missing a low water cut off. It has ran close to 40 to 50 years.
Who do I contact for any tech support. I know it is old and might need to compare to another make of boiler for setup.
Comments
-
I love seeing these old boilers still out there kicking. Were you there for service or this is your house?
Lifelong Michigander
-Willie
0 -
they were manufactured between 1959-1972
Boiler should have a LWCO, most modern ones come with one factory installed but some areas required a second one to be installed on the piping.
And Air Scoop or some form of air elimination should be installed as well
0 -
Back when that boiler was installed LWCO was not required. You choice if you want to add one or not. Those were good boilers I had the exact one in my house. Crane is out of business they were taken over by Burnham so most of the information is long gone.
but those are simple boilers. There is really no information that you need. Flow switch not required. An air scoop or a microbubble vent is a good idea.
0
Categories
- All Categories
- 87.8K THE MAIN WALL
- 3.3K A-C, Heat Pumps & Refrigeration
- 59 Biomass
- 430 Carbon Monoxide Awareness
- 132 Chimneys & Flues
- 2.2K Domestic Hot Water
- 6K Gas Heating
- 124 Geothermal
- 170 Indoor-Air Quality
- 3.8K Oil Heating
- 79 Pipe Deterioration
- 1.1K Plumbing
- 6.7K Radiant Heating
- 396 Solar
- 16.1K Strictly Steam
- 3.5K Thermostats and Controls
- 56 Water Quality
- 51 Industry Classes
- 51 Job Opportunities
- 18 Recall Announcements






