Slab Heat temperature sensor placement
I have a job where I will be installing a new cast iron boiler for the customer but his entire house is all slab heat. The previous boiler never had any kind of mixing valve. But I would like to install a 3 way valve with an outsode stat and have it done properly. I watched Dan's video on how to properly pipe it but I'm wondering should I put the water temperature sensor at the inlet to the floor or at the outlet of the floor and control from there?
Owner
Steamnowrockford.com
Comments
-
In slab radiant? Oil or gas fired? What make and model boiler? How much water does it hold? "Outside stat" meaning outdoor reset? Will it need a buffer tank? What will the water sensor be connected to on the other end? How old is the piping in the slab and do you know the material?
0
Categories
- All Categories
- 87.8K THE MAIN WALL
- 3.3K A-C, Heat Pumps & Refrigeration
- 59 Biomass
- 430 Carbon Monoxide Awareness
- 131 Chimneys & Flues
- 2.2K Domestic Hot Water
- 6K Gas Heating
- 124 Geothermal
- 170 Indoor-Air Quality
- 3.8K Oil Heating
- 79 Pipe Deterioration
- 1.1K Plumbing
- 6.7K Radiant Heating
- 396 Solar
- 16.1K Strictly Steam
- 3.5K Thermostats and Controls
- 56 Water Quality
- 51 Industry Classes
- 51 Job Opportunities
- 18 Recall Announcements
