Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
If our community has helped you, please consider making a contribution to support this website. Thanks!

Weil McLain gas baseboard hot water (with domestic coil) not providing enough heat

Options

Functioning as it should, baseboards getting warm, but not getting apt warm enough, even though it's only about 50 F out. Can I set the water temp higher to get more heat?

Comments

  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Posts: 18,107

    Is the boiler temp at the setpoint of the aquastat? I suspect you have some other problem like a circulator that isn't running so you are only getting gravity circulation or a system that is air bound so you aren't getting proper flow.

  • Multiman
    Multiman Posts: 38
    edited November 2025

    I know that the circulator had to have been working, because before we replaced the 3 way valve, the heat was running nonstop and it was very hot in the apt, so it must have been working. Also, it is not making a noise. So I doubt that it's the circulator pump. Next step I guess is to drain and refill the pipes, to rule out them being airbound.

  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Posts: 18,107

    so you replaced the 3 way valve and it stopped working.

    what does this tell us?

  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Posts: 18,107

    and what 3 way valve? is this a combi mod con?