Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

No lights for call for heat on s8610u but my dampener opens and closes like it should.

Heat worked yesterday but now for some reason the call for heat signal seems to not be making it to the controller, or atleast the lack of green light suggests so. My dampener opens and closes when i turn the heat on and off so im not sure whats going on here. Pretty sure the wiring is a bit off from what it should be, from what ive seen the 24v should have a wire going to the dampener but i do not. My dampener is a GVD-6 and has the black and brown wires directly connected to the 24v transformer (C and Load) and the orange goes to my pressuretrol and yellow goes to low water safety then to some resistor looking things, then to the TH/w terminal.

Comments

• Joeguy
    Joeguy Member Posts: 2

Actually after poking around a bit more i think my transformer is bad, now to try and find one locally i hope.

• JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,235

If you have only one transformer and your damper motor works, it is not the transformer.

Check pressure control, low water cut off, blocked vent switch and burner flame roll out fuse.

Has the pigtail been cleaned recently?

• JUGHNE

Depending upon how your control wiring is connected, in some cases the damper would not be called to operate unless the safeties mentioned above are closed.

The low water cut off may have a probe into the water, that requires cleaning at times.

How much water shows in the sight glass?

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 6,120

If the transformer was bad, the damper wouldn't operate.

There's a little switch on the damper. Raise the thermostat so the damper opens. When the damper is fully open, flip the switch to manual. If that starts the burners, then it's a bad end switch in the damper. It's safe to leave the damper open until you can get a replacement.

Is the circulator running? If not, it's likely NOT the end switch in the damper, but maybe the relay.

If the circulator is running, and switching the damper to manual doesn't do it, then a safety probably tripped and you'll need a qualified tech.

SuperTech
  • JUGHNE

Is this steam? My replies are based on this being a steam boiler.