Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

weil-mclain pilot orifice

Gary_24
Gary_24 Member Posts: 39
edited October 21 in Gas Heating

Hi all,

I have an older Weil-Mclain PEG-40, natural gas, 125,000 btu with spark ignition and mercury flame sensor. Does anyone have a part-number manual that includes the electronic controls, ignition, pilot etc. The only manual I found online has only the sheet metal, boiler sections and related parts.

I'm trying to find What is the gas Pilot orifice size and Part Number for this Pilot ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes Member Posts: 4,180
    edited October 21

Note 1: Order sufficient quantities to replace all orifices within a base.

Page 33 of the manual:

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.weil-mclain.com/sites/default/files/field-file/eg-peg-egh-series-4-manual_1.pdf

8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • Gary_24
    edited October 21

Thanks for the reply, my original post wasn't clear enough, but those are the manifold burner orifices, not the pilot flame orifice.

• Sorry, your post was very clear; I missed the key word.

I don't think the pilot assembly is a Weil-McLain part; probably Honeywell and I don't know where to find the orifice size. And I don't think they sell the orifice by itself, but I've never looked for one so I may be wrong. You might have to buy the entire pilot assembly.

8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • Gary_24

Thanks again. Yes, I've found an original, NOS, White Rodgers E50-104 Pilot burner electrode assembly on ebay, but they don't come with a new pilot orifice.

New Pilot orifices are available, but I want to make sure I purchase the correct one.