Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Backflow vent leaking.

mike3181
mike3181 Member Posts: 15
edited October 19 in Oil Heating

Weil McLain Gold

9D-M3 Back flow

Watts pressure regulator 12-15

Turned on heat for the year, lots of air in second story baseboard so I went down to look at the boiler pressure was low almost on zero so I manually added water pressure regulator. 9D-M3 started leaking from the vent afterwards, seeing it was old anyways I just replaced it. Before installing new I did flush out the inlet supply line as to not run any sediment through new back flow. Now back flow still leaks but I believe it is only leaking when the boiler cycles? Pressure on gauge is 14ish at 200° obviously drops as temperature cools off have also have to add water as the air has been working its way out. Any ideas? Thanks!

Edit one thing to add, I know water pressure to the house is above 12-15 psi as I have a pump that pulls it up from the city gauge reads 55psi on that tank.

Comments

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,943

Brass plug

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 2,137

@mike3181 You still might have some debris in that line. Either that or your brand-new BFP is defective.

Flush and clean that screen inside the thing and flush the water A LOT! I hope this will cure the issue.

• mike3181
    mike3181 Member Posts: 15

Thanks! Is it normal to only be dripping when the boiler is firing though? Dry when boiler not firing.

Can brass plug cause any problems?

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,943

I am not sure if a vented BFP is code for the job …..

There was an error rendering this rich post.