Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

does anyone have a thrash boiler i want to sell 500 gal of use Hydraulic oil cheap

used Hydraulic oil for sale can be used in old diesel trucks and thrash boilers

does anyone have a thrash boiler i want to sell 500 gal of use Hydraulic oil cheap 0 votes

who needs used hydraulic oil we have # 32
0%
diesel trucks befor 1985 use this iol or thrash boilers
0%

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 8,676
    edited October 16

Some mechanic shops that do oil changes have opted for use waste oil boilers and furnaces, I have personally worked on 5 of them in my service area. The problem is with getting rid of used oil, there is usually a cost involved. So the places that generate used oil, have a expense in getting rid of the oil and another expense in purchasing fuel for the heating system. By installing a waste oil burner, they eliminate 2 expenses with one appliance.

I don't see anyone that will be interested in purchasing used oil, even if you deliver it. They can get it for free elsewhere.

So my vote is for None Of The Above.

I think I'll have my name legally changed to None O. TheAbove when I run for public office. I would be elected by a landslide because no one has ever given them the chance to vote for None O. TheAbove before…..🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

GGrossdelcrossv
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,864

And waste oil boilers are sensitive to contaminated oil. Unless a buyer knew exactly what might be mixed in with that oil where it was stored, they may not be interested. Waste oil boilers are incredibly messy to maintain even with good quality waste oil. Once they get contaminated oil, they can be a maintenance nightmare.

Safety Kleen and others will recycle that oil. Generally you pay them, not the other way around 😯

Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Grallert
    Grallert Member Posts: 720

Dirty nasty things and the last thing any one of the units I serviced would except is someone else's "waste oil" That's just asking for trouble.

Miss Hall's School service mechanic, greenhouse manager,teacher and dog walker