Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lochinvar Knight Flue Collector and Grommet

HydroNiCK
HydroNiCK Member Posts: 185
edited October 15 in THE MAIN WALL

Last season I had a drip on my khb085N coming from the flue sensor grommet. I checked to see if my serial number was part of the recall last year and checked again just now. However according to US CPSC it was not recalled. I was just reminded of this while cleaning the boiler before startup now. I saw the second recall and thought maybe the water was coming from (in addition to grommet) the flue collector; but the boiler wasn't part of this recall either. So where am I going with this? Water shouldn't be leaking from the sensor recall or not. I haven't seen a drip since last year after I secured it a little better. So should I replace it? Am I eligible for a new one? And what do they mean by flue collector crack? Because if they mean the exhaust cracks out of the flu collector then someone let me know because this (aside from the white residue which is probably dope smeared on with my finger) looks a little suspect.

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,837

Where are you located? Either call your local rep or tech support at Lochinvar.

Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream