Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vitodens 222-F year four maintenance...

Skyline
Skyline Member Posts: 153

Time is flying and my boiler maintenance rolled around again for the forth time. It does not look mu ch different from last year at all. Prior to cleaning, it looked pretty clean:

It did look better after cleaning, not visible the filter had been cleaned:

The igniter and flame sensor looked just fine as well:

Both of them are three years old, not four as the boiler, since the company that did the first year maintenance deemed it necessary to change them. The used ones are in a box around the boiler in case they needed.

While probably could getaway with cleaning every two - three years, I don't mind paying for it every year. I love this boiler too much to do that….

I forgot to ask the service guy. Is there firmware update for this boiler and should it be updated? The boiler works just fine, so, there's no urgency to do this, I am just curious. Since I used to be a computer guy, I'd probably do it myself, instead of relying on a mainly plumber service guy.

TIA…

Comments

• mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 10,426

Why would you update the firmware is you are not experiencing a problem? I suppose there is hope for my uft-100 that I haven't cleaned since i installed it about 5 years ago(other than the condensate trap).

• Yes, agree with you that everything looks fine. Normal amount of coffee grounds. Looks like you have radiant heating, not radiators; radiator heat condenses less with less buildup.
    Your refractory and target wall look fine. They sometimes crack, especially with a DHW sidearm.
    Don’t know of any firmware upgrade.
    Did you pour any water through the heat exchanger? I like to make sure it drains well. Do you have a condensate neutralizer?

8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab