Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hide and seek minisplit HP routes

We opened the bag of tricks for this nice homeowner. Seven indoor units, one outdoor unit.

One in the basement, two on the first floor, three on the second floor, one in the finished attic space.

To make matters more interesting, the basement is mostly finished off. Ironically, we do not have any piping running through the unfinished portion of the basement. We had to pop into the basement ceiling in two spots, one of which we were able to put a plastic 8“ x 8“ access panel. The other one simply needs to be patched up.

We have two distribution boxes in a small crawlspace, just opposite where the outdoor unit sits. (that first floor bump up on the right, sits above crawlspace.)

There’s a little something going on with these three pictures, the left end of the house: there is zero activity. Now that I look at the picture, you cannot see what we did to the front of the house, there’s a small PVC drain popping out in the lower left corner, not visible in this shot.

Interestingly, the homeowner wanted us to expose some slim duct in second floor front left room, to avoid any piping from the street view, I tipped my hat and did what he wanted. We could’ve done a ceiling unit, but that would’ve added several buckets of money. Actually, I think it’s the Europeans that don’t mind seeing mechanical routes inside of their homes.

Third floor unit has a little bit of exposed slim, running down the interior wall, dropping into a closet below

We really never paint the Slim duct, yet this fellow was so nice and easy-going. I offered to do it.

Gary Wilson
Wilson Services, Inc
Northampton, MA
gary@wilsonph.com

Comments

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,937

You matched the line set covers nicely .. Just thinking , first thought ,can you keep the distribution boxes dry ….

There was an error rendering this rich post.

GW
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,799

Ed yes the boxes are in a dry crawl space.

we still have to touch up the small slim route to the left of the outdoor unit. The color scheme isn’t cut in exactly just yet

Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,863

Nice attention to detail. Exposed linesets cover up attempts can be really obnoxious when done sloppily.

Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    bburd
  • kaliber50
    kaliber50 Member Posts: 16

Great job pal! Really like the attention to detail and effort into hiding the line set covers