Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler Aquastat Zone Wiring help

peedee360
peedee360 Member Posts: 12
edited October 7 in Oil Heating

I’m in the home stretch of upgrading my system but need a little help with wiring. I have 2 baseboard loop heating zones and an indirect water heater (htp superstor ultra). I have a circulator feeding 2 zone valves and another circulator for the indirect. Controller is a ZVC404-4, zone valves are Taco zone sentry valves. Both circulators are Taco VR1816. The boiler aquastat is a Honeywell L7224U-1002.

The old system had a single circulator that ran directly from the aquastat, since I have introduced a second circulator for the indirect, I guess I am confused on how to set up the aquastats. I have the zone control all set up properly I believe to run each circulator independently.

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 6,101

XX isolated end switch at the top to TT on the aquastat. Use the indirect for Zone 4.

• peedee360
    peedee360 Member Posts: 12

Thank you, am I correct though that by doing it this way I am bypassing any of the control from the aquastat? For instance my aquastat will not run the circulator until the boiler is up to temp, but if the circulator is powered by the zone controller it will not know the status of the boiler. I guess it probably doesn’t really matter and there are many different ways to hook this up.